VOIP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to build a simple call distribution?

Go down

How to build a simple call distribution? Empty How to build a simple call distribution?

Post  William_Brody Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:07 pm

I’m a PHD student and I’m working on a project to build a simple call distribution. I’m using a sample program provided by Ozeki VoIP SIP SDK and it is very useful for me and it is a good starting point for my project.

So the simplest call distribution can be made by choosing the first available call center client and transfer the incoming call to it. In this case the first available client means the first one in the client queue, like having the smallest client ID.

This simple call routing technology can be implemented by only using a client queue and the server gets the first element of the queue and transfers the call to it. The actual transfer method mainly depends on the process how the call center clients are put back to the queue.
If the client queue is sorted by client ID it means that the first element in the queue will always be the client with the smallest ID. In this case some of the clients will get more calls than others. For example, the client with the largest ID will only get a call transferred to them if every other client is engaged.

If the clients are always put back at the end of the queue the distribution will be more balanced and as for the implementation, this method is even simpler than the previous one.

If you are interested in call routing technologies you can read more on their website http://www.voip-sip-sdk.com/p_422-voip-inbound-call-distribution-voip.html.

Good developing!

William Brody
PHD Student

William_Brody

Back to top Go down